- Basic Computing
- Internet and Email
- Computer Hardware
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2003
- IIS Web Server
- WAMP Server
- Ubuntu - Linux
- Microsoft Word 2003
- Microsoft Word 2007
- Microsoft Excel 2003
- Microsoft Access 2003
- Microsoft Powerpoint 2003
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Flash
- Action Scripting 2.0
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe AfterEffects
- Java with Eclipse
- Java Applets
- Visual Basic.NET 2003
- Visual Basic.NET 2005
- Visual Basic.NET 2008
- Visual C# 2008
- Visual Basic 6.0
- Google Blogger
- Disk Emulators
- Avidemux- Video Editing
- Audacity - Audio Editing
- Viruses & Worms
- Aptana Studio
- TrueCrypt (Data Encryption)
Enter some keywords to search videos, lessons, software, downloads and many more:
Latest Video Lessons(kj;u isxy, mß.Kl mdvï)
- HTML & XHTML Complete Training Course DVD/CD released. 86 lesson and more than 10 hours of training. Click Here
- PHP; 3 new lessons were published on the 8th of March 2013. Click here
- Computer Hardware; 16 new lessons were published on the 25th of January 2013. Click here
- Google Blogger; 10 new lessons were published on the 18th of December. Click here
- Read integer and floating point numbers from the keyboard; Java with Eclipse new lessons were published on the 12th of December. Click here
- Read string data from the keyboard input; Java with Eclipse new lessons were published on the 8th of December. Click here
- Windows 8 is the next generation operating system for computing devices. 14 new video tutorials were published on the 22nd of October. Click here
- "Microsoft Word 2007 Fundamentals" training course. 15 Hours and 22 Minutes of video lessons. click here for more informathion
- "Google Blogger Complete Training Course". 7 Hours and 27 Minutes of lessons. Click Here
- 8 tutorials on WAMP server 2.2E. Visit Twitter page for more details.
- Python is another popular Open source programming language with OOP capabilities. 18 new video tutorials on "Programming in Python" were published on the 17th January, 2012.
GURULK.COM is an E-Learning project, Sinhala educational web site, which enables Sri Lankan community to explore the world of Information Technology. Its primary objective is to provide free but quality information and communication technology (computer) education to every Sri Lankan. This web site consist more than thousand educational video tutorials and "screencasts" related to various computer subjects. Learning computer related subjects through videos and demonstration have shown better results in learners, who find its easy to understand the concepts by watching realtime screen recordings.
Developing computer skills of the nation has become very important aspect of the overall development of the country’s economy and its social development. Therefore GURULK.COM would like to contribute something to the development process of the ICT education. I as an e-trainer believe this would encourage other educators to find new methods in teaching and contribute those to the development process of the nation.
“The Localization” in IT industry has become very important in the process of its development. Every person in the society should have access to information technology and its related services. Using local languages to introduce new technology has proven better results. GURULK.COM is an attempt of an ICT localization. Through this web site I try to teach ICT in Sinhala language. I suppose that would be benefited to most people who want to learn computing. This has become the primary objective of the e-learning project.
Secondarily, I hope learners would be encouraged to use the World Wide Web for learning activities. E-learning has become one of the main streams of learning in the western world and in developed nations. So using the internet for learning would become more popular among our people too. This also let people to share their knowledge and resources more effectively.
How to install Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7 ( úkafvdaia fufyhqï moaO;s ia:dmkh lsÍu)
Windows XP and Windows 7 are the most commonly used Microsoft operating systems. But most users don't know how to install these operating systems. These sinhala video lessons will guide them to install Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems without any hassle.
Windows XP installation guide (úkafvdaia tlaiamS mß.Klhg ia:dmkh lrk wdldrh)
- Learn to install Windows XP professional edition operating system PART 1
- Learn to install Windows XP professional edition operating system PART 2
- Learn to install Windows XP professional edition operating system PART 3
- Learn to install Windows XP professional edition operating system PART 4
- Learn to install Windows XP professional edition operating system PART 5
- Learn to install Windows XP professional edition operating system PART 6
Windows 7 installation guide (úkafvdaia 7 mß.Klhg ia:dmkh lrk wdldrh)
- Learn to install Windows 7 operating system - Part 1
- Learn to install Windows 7 operating system - Part 2
- Learn to install Windows 7 operating system - Part 3
- Learn to install Windows 7 operating system - Part 4
- Learn to install Windows 7 operating system - Part 5
Windows 8 installation guide
- Install Windows 8 operating system - Part 1
- Install Windows 8 operating system - Part 2
- Install Windows 8 operating system - Part 3
- Install Windows 8 operating system - Part 4
GURULK.COM introduces Open source software to Sri Lankan ICT community.(ksoyia yd újD; uDÿldx. yÿkajdoSu)
One of the primary objectives of this e-learning portal is to bring FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) closer to Sri Lankan ICT community. Keeping this in mind we have already introduced various types of open source application, frameworks and operating systems through the web site. Followings are some of those FOSS that we have introduced in resent past.
- BlueFish – Multi-purpose text editor developed by opensource.nl. It is a powerful text editor targeted towards programmers and web designers.
- Audacity – Open source audio editor for recording, slicing, and mixing audio. It is equipped with industry standard audio filters and effects.
- Avidemux - A free multi-format, cross-platform video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks.
- VirtualBox – A free open source x86 virtualization software package developed by Sun Microsystems.
- Ubuntu - Commercially sponsored Debian-derived Linux distribution that focuses on usability. It is one of the most popular Linux type operating system in the world.
- Joomla – World’s most popular Content Management System and PHP/MySQL based framework.
- WordPress – World’s most popular PHP/MySQL based blogging framework.
How to install WAMP server (jEïma i¾jrh mß.Klhg ia:dmkh lsÍu)
Learn how to install WAMP (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP) server to your computer. This video gives you step by step instructions and guidance to install WAMP server to your Windows system. Also this video illustrates how to configure your PHPMyAdmin console properly, by creating a password for the MySQL root user. Follow the link to watch the sinhala video tutorial.
Install Linux operating system in your Windows Computer(úkafvdaia mß.Klh ;=< ,sklaia fufyhqï moaO;sh ia:dmkh lsÍu')
In this sinhala video tutorials, you learn how to install Linux operating system (Ubuntu) in a Windows computer using Virtualization software. We use the open source solution for virtualization, VirtualBox a free and open source software that you can download for free. You will be guided step by step in the process of downloading and installing VirtualBox, configuring the software and installing Ubuntu ( a version of Linux) in a virtual computing environment created in VirtualBox. Follow the link to access all video tutorials.
Java video lessons for beginners (cdjd Ndú;fhka uDÿldx. ixj¾Okh lsÍu')
Java is a very popular programming language among many computer programmers. It is very popular in Sri Lanka too. However it is difficult to find lots of video tutorial in Sinhala language, which helps non-programmers to learn Java programming. Therefore I thought to publish some video lessons on Java programming. These are most fundamental lessons for beginners. It covers most of basic programming theories and techniques. You can learn how to make Java Applets too. Also it covers about using Eclipse IDE for Java programming. Click following links to access these sinhala video lessons on Java programming.
PHP and MySQL video lessons for web developers (mS-tÉ-mS mdvïud,dj)
PHP and MySQL are commonly used open source technologies for web development. GURULK offers some free video lessons on these areas so those who need to become an open source web developer can study these lessons and tutorials and step in to the programming.